Biswanath 8UK is an organisation dedicated to working for the habitants of Biswanath.
Its primary aims and objective is to unite all the habitants of Biswanath throughout the World, to work collectively to the development of its habitants, identify issues that relates to Biswanath, prioritise issues and find sustainable solutions that can be developed in a way that benefits the habitants of the Uppojilla.
Biswanath-News.com is published and edited by Biswanath 8 UK 2015 an organisation based in the United Kingdom with interests and ancestral roots in Biswanath Upozilla of Sylhet District, Bangladesh.
Biswanath 8 UK 2015 is governed by its own member agreed constitution and this prohibits participation or support of any political or religious organisation and their activities.
The editors of Biswanath-News.com have adopted the code of conduct defined by the National Union of Journalists covering UK and Irish journalism.
Primary code of conduct defined by the NUJ is that a journalist:
- At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.
- Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
- Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies.
- Differentiates between fact and opinion.
- Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
- Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
- Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work.
- Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge.
- Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed.
- Shall normally seek the consent of an appropriate adult when interviewing or photographing a child for a story about her/his welfare.
- Avoids plagiarism.
This news medium shall primarily report news and events taking place in Biswanath or affecting the habitants of Biswanath or any community with ancestral roots to Biswanath.